Friend, acquaintance and especially family should be supporting those who are trying to make a living online. Please remember that the things you are reading on social media or websites are real people behind that computer. They need the uplifting and sometimes constructive criticism (only if you know that person well enough, please) that you can give. It will also help them make the money they are striving to do. Here are 5 ways you can support those behind that screen.
- Like – Like their posts they put up. It’s a simple click of the mouse or push of your finger.
- Comment – Comment on their posts on Facebook or their blog posts. This is the most uplifting thing you can do for someone who is sharing their life and knowledge with the world.
- Share – Share their blog and Facebook posts. Pin their Pinterest pins. Retweet and share on Twitter.
- Subscribe/Follow – Subscribe to their website and/or follow them on social media.
- Talk about them – We all know the best way to market is word of mouth. So when you are out an about share something you read and the person or site that you saw it on.
Please take note! Do not do these things for anything you don’t agree on or actually like, that is just not authentic. Keep it real folks!
All 5 things above you can do on popular social media sites (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and websites. If you don’t know how to do some of these things just ask someone. I know I’ve had to tell many people how to comment on my blog. It’s a simple name and email to type in for comments on their blog and the popular commenting used these days also have logging in with your social media. Your email will not be used by third parties.
Please know that some people are working from home due to saving money on daycare, because of a disability, and/or because they need the extra income. Most of them are trying to make a few bucks or even a complete living from their online presence. The number of shares, likes, follows and comments do help them make this living. The 5 things above will help them make this money and yes they do make money from blogging and social media.
Blogging peeps, anything to add? Non-bloggers, any questions about this? Go for it, comment below!